Thursday, November 26, 2009

Live by Faith, Not Sight

2 Corinthians 5:7
"We live by faith, not by sight." In other words, we grow in faith as we make decisions which seem illogical in that they have little if any basis in reality.

Times of Trial
"I asked the Lord for a bunch of fresh flowers but instead
He gave me an ugly cactus with many thorns.
I asked the Lord for some beautiful butterflies but instead
He gave me many ugly and dreadful worms.
I was threatened,I was disappointed,I mourned,
But after many days,Suddenly, I saw the cactus bloomwith many beautiful flowers,
and those worms became beautiful butterflies flying in the spring wind.
God's way is the best way." (Chun-Ming Kao) Written from Prison

Hebrews 11:1
"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen

"From our perspective, we think something that happens is a disappointing failure - only to find out later God was looking out for us, maybe protecting us from a situation that could have caused us a great deal of pain." (Dorothy Valcarcel)

and THEN we understand God's plan.

Faith leans heavy on the Lord. It knows that the Bible is so and can be trusted and that we can live by it and all of our needs will be supplied. (Lester Roloof)

A Sinner Saved by Grace
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcMeUqPDypo

No comments:

Post a Comment