Monday, February 15, 2010

Your God Given Talent

Psalm 18:33
He maketh my feet like hinds' feet, and setteth me upon my high places.
We have been given many wonderful gifts and talents. When we affirm the talents we have been given, then God will surely bless us, and we will be a sign to others of His goodness. God has given us hinds' feet, wings to fly, power, grace, and a multitude of other gifts. Embrace them and know that the Lord is good.

Prayer: Teach me to use the gifts I have been given. Aid me as I test my wings and struggle to get my footing. Be patient with me, Lord, and touch me with Your touch of peace and grace. Amen
*******************

The Lord gave you a talent,
But it is not yours alone;
For someday He will call you
To stand before the throne.
He’ll say, “Where is that treasure
I gave to you that day?
Did you use it for My purpose?
Or is it stored away?”
God does not say, “See what you can do with what I gave given you.” He says, “I will hold you accountable for what I have given you.”
by Helen Dowd
************************************
God gives people different gifts.
It is not your talent, which matters; what matters is how you use it.
Everyone is not equal in talent; but every person can be equal in effort.
God expects creative use of our opportunities and talents.
Don't worry about failure, rather, worry about the chances you miss when you don't even try.
If someone has a talent and exercises it, they are progressively able to do more with it, but, if one has a talent and fails to exercise it, they will inevitably lose it
We are to use our time, talents, and treasures diligently, faithfully, and continually in order to serve God completely in whatever we do.
God does expect, and reward, creative use of the opportunities for service, which are open to us. We are to use His gifts responsibly, but also adventurously.
We are responsible to use well what God has given us. The issue is not how much we have, but how well we use what we have.
God is generous and merciful, and if we examine our hearts and our lives and see where we fall short, the Holy Spirit will help us invest in those things He has so confidently entrusted to us.
What God Expects from Us
Matthew 25:14-30

No comments:

Post a Comment