Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Praise God in All Circumstances


"The brook would lose its song if you removed the rocks"

A wise man once said, “Whatever came to me, I looked on as God’s gift for some special purpose.  If it was a difficulty, I knew He gave it to me to struggle with, to strengthen my mind and my faith.”  That idea has sweetened and helped me all of my life. Unknown

When you have a heart for God and you know He loves you, your confidence in His ability to deliver you soars. You know help is on the way and you eagerly anticipate it. First Thessalonians 5:16–18 encourages, "Always be joyful. Never stop praying. Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you who belong to Christ Jesus" (NLT). .....When you are in a situation and there seems to be no way out, open your mouth and praise the Lord—and don't stop. Instead of crying and complaining, give God praise because you know He has a plan for you that includes deliverance, restoration and peace.......Thank Him for His goodness because your praise will stop the enemy and move the hand of God......Creflo A. Dollar



Praise is a wonderful method we can use to bring healing and deliverance to our souls and bodies! Many people are depressed today; one of the quickest ways to receive deliverance from depression is to praise God. We must make our souls bless the Lord when we are not feeling well. It will bring liberation and healing.

Singing unto the Lord also can bring quick relief from despondence and oppression. We all feel like we are in the "pits" when that horrible sensation of apathy and depression comes over us. Singing praises can bring us up out of that pit. Music plays an important part in a worship service and we have all experienced how our hearts have been lifted by singing and worshiping in church. We do not have to wait until we go to a service to receive this same benefit. We can worship out of our hearts wherever we are.


 

(based on Psalm 103)


Chorus
Bless the Lord, o my soul and all that is within me.
Bless the Lord, o my soul and all that is within me.
Bless His holy name, it will never change;
bless the Lord, bless the Lord, o my soul.

Bridge 1
I will bless the Lord at all times,
His praises shall continually be in my mouth;
bless Him, I will bless Him.

I will bless the Lord at all times,
His praises shall continually be in my mouth;
bless Him, I will bless Him.

Bless His holy name, it will never change;
bless the Lord, bless the Lord o my soul.

 

 

When we praise and bless God, we find that other people around us respond to that spirit of praise also.... us all bless and praise God and conquer the enemy...Betty Miller




No comments:

Post a Comment