Sunday, December 13, 2015

Joyful

"Daily I make a decision to be Joyful before I get out of bed...I'm not always successful, but without Hope of the best day ever, maybe I just wouldn't get up. Have a great Joyful day."

The third Sunday of Advent talks about joy. Sometimes I think we get joy mixed up with happiness. Happiness is an emotion that we feel when everything is working the way we think it should. Then we're happy.

Joy, though, may see problems and trials and hardships, but it knows that our hope is in a God who never leaves us or forsakes us. Joy really isn't an emotion - it is a choice, a decision of our will. I will rejoice and be glad because God is in control.

Paul wrote (from prison, no less!) "Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!" (Philippians 4:4). May the Christmas season fill you with joy that God broke into our world to redeem us...http://www.beltonnazarene.org/node/142

No comments:

Post a Comment