Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Attitude in Your Life

Fanny Crosby wrote several thousand hymns. And she was blinded when she was only six weeks old because of a mistake of a doctor. When she was just a little girl she wrote:

Oh, what a happy soul am I! Although I cannot see,
I am resolved that in this world contented I shall be.
How many blessings I enjoy that other people don't.
To weep and sigh because I'm blind, I cannot--and I won't!






so keep playing the music, even when you are sad! the words will give meaning to the music.


Be as generous as you can, as often as you can. Good deeds make it easier to choose happiness.

“Happy is entirely up to you and always has been.”  




 Philippians 4:8-9 - Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things [are] honest, whatsoever things [are] just, whatsoever things [are] pure, whatsoever things [are] lovely, whatsoever things [are] of good report; if [there be] any virtue, and if [there be] any praise, think on these things.

DON’T BE SAD
 What happened is over
Yesterday is past
Now it’s part of history
It will not come back forever
Don’t be sad
  What is coming, is coming!
Do not take any sorrow
Do not allow the fear
To cover your mind
Or destroy your heart
Just because something
May happen tomorrow!
 Don’t be sad, don’t be grave
Face the new reality
Struggle hard, with patience,
Remain strong and brave
 Don’t be sad
Stay happy
Think positive
Even when things go bad
This is the nature of life
Nothing will remain the same
Change is coming
Do what you can
And leave the rest for God.
Yassin Aref



The apostle Paul spoke of developing contentment in his own experience when he said, "I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content. I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound. Everywhere and in all things I have learned both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" (Philippians 4:11-13).



Notice that Paul speaks of contentment as something to be learned. We can learn to be content when we recognize the true value of things around us.


When a person can be content "everywhere and in all things," whether full or hungry, abounding or suffering need, he knows a source of contentment beyond anything the world can provide or understand.





No comments:

Post a Comment