Friday, September 25, 2009

Welcome

Every morning brings a new day of choices to be made. The great thing is we are in charge and can do with this day, as we choose.


This is the day that the Lord has made.
Rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24.


For over a year, my day has started with the Lord and it is a habit I'll not be changing anytime soon. I am almost finished with a second round of reading through the Bible and this time I chose the Chronological order. http://www.biblegateway.com/ is my choice for early morning reading. There I also have a number of options to select versions or translations of the Bible which help my understanding toggling back and forth during a session if I want.


BibleGateway has also put me in touch with so many great sites that start their day giving me encouragement through scripture, verse and story of application. Max Lucado, Kenneth R. Klaus at Lutheran Hour, Joyce Meyers, Phil Ware, Encouragement for Today from Proverbs 31 Women, Dorothy Valcarcel writing Transformation Garden, The Upper Room, TGIF with Os Hillman, Living Free Every Day (LFED), Miriam Woolbert, Greg Laurie, This Days Thoughts.org, Quiet Walk, Love Worth Finding by Pastor Adrian Rogers and the list goes on and on. I will always give credit for quotes that originate from these sites that you might read on this blog.


"There is no exercise better for the heart than reaching down and lifting people up."
John Andrew Holmer.

When I find an especially good verse, quote, topic or song, I can't wait to pass it on to someone in hopes it will set the tone of their day, or lift them up from a valley they find hard to climb out of on their own.


As I read through the scriptures, I am encouraged as I hear in my heart the songs that were inspired by these words. Songs of hope, faith, praise, worship, and comfort in times of trouble, that let us feel the timeless and eternal message of the Holy Bible.


The Lord is my strength and my song. He has given me victory. Psalm 118:14




1 comment: