Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Joy

I have the Joy, Joy, Joy Joy
Down in my heart, down in my heart, down in my heart
I have the Joy, Joy, Joy, Joy
Down in my heart
Down in my heart to stay

Remember that one from Sunday School? The melody hung with you all day.

This past summer my classmate's mother passed away and one of the songs chosen to celebrate her life was Joy to the World.


Joy to the world, the Lord has come,
let earth receive her king.
Let every heart, prepare him room
And heav'n and nature sing
And heav'n and nature sing
Let heaven and heaven and nature sing.

There is joy deep in my heart to know the Lord has come to reign here on earth. A joy that is eternal not just fleeting happiness. And let us not put those songs away but sing them every day.
"No human being ever finds rest and joy until he finds it in the heart of God. A person who experiences joy is not one who has an absence of troubles, but one who has learned to live abundantly in spite of circumstances"
Author unknown

Psalm 126: 3 3
The LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy

Think of Joy in this way

J esus, then

O thers, then

Y ourself

In a search for happiness the individual focuses upon himself, but joy moves a person out of a self-centered preoccupation and provides an orientation towards others. If we are willing to give up the search for happiness, we may find joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment