Sunday, October 4, 2009

My morning is very routine: up for meds, into the shower, then a bowl of cheerios with sliced bananas in it to be eaten during my devotions in front of the computer. One day last week, without any organizing on my part, there was one slice of banana left to eat with the last spoon of cheerios. That doesn't happen very often or ever that I could remember. If I don't consciously think to eat conservatively on the bananas and remember the two textures taste best together, I'm left with just plain old cheerios.

This reminded me of the balance in our lives and how it can really get off course if we just leave it to chance.If we put too much emphasis on one aspect of our life, other areas suffer neglect or go completely by the wayside. Finding the right blueprint for your life is not what is the best plan for others. So set your own goals and plan each step, don't gamble on the outcome. Elder Ballard says: “When I am in tune spiritually, I find that I can balance everything in my life much more easily. Do the best you can. No one’s life is in perfect balance for any length of time. You will always need to be reevaluating and prioritizing. When things get out of balance, don’t get discouraged but rely on the Lord to help you and try again. “Do the basic things and, before you realize it, your life will be full of spiritual understanding that will confirm to you that your Heavenly Father loves you

Job 31:6 -
"Let me be weighed in an even balance, that God may know mine integrity."

No comments:

Post a Comment