Friday, October 16, 2009

Thank you for the Inconveniences of My Life

My computer crashed last week, and it is more than a little inconvenient.

It has become my coworker in so many ways. All my finances are done on line, and I'm not sure I can even find snail mail addresses for any of them anymore. With on line banking who remembers how to reconcile a bank statement manually? My list of passwords is stored safely in My Documents, so I can't even conveniently call them up and use another computer. I have my personal address book organized to perfection in a spreadsheet, I can't get to. Now isn't that convenient.

Many evening suppers are "googled' for ingredients and a quick trip to the store. And I find I can google away many hours and accomplish nothing of importance. The real point is it is just more convenient to do everything you can on line to save time and hassles. My brother once told me he used to order items on line from Wal*mart and have them delivered, even though he only lived a short distance from the store.

On line devotions are great and they are delivered right to my in box. My daily Bible Reading plan is outlined on a site and with one click I'm on the right page. Modern conveninces are all great when they work, and when they don't it's very inconvenient and aggrivating!

So this week,

I stopped at the City Office to pay my utility bill in person, and had a wonderful conversation with the clerk, face to face, no email address needed.
I sat in the living room with my husband and found that watching some of the programs he finds interesting, gave us new topics to talk about. No lost hours on google and I found it very rewarding.
I enjoyed leafing through the many cookbooks I have and came upon a couple old recipes for supper, that reminded me of my mother, and I had all the ingredients on hand in my pantry.
In passing conversation, a friend offered her extra laptop to me to tide me over till mine is up and running. When I went to pick it up, we spent some good quality hours together.
I love the smell of my Bible and I have missed the feel of the pages as I took my time to read the verses. And the Holy Bible will never crash and leave me without His words to treasure.

So Lord, thank you for the inconveninces of my life.

Romans 8:28
And we know that all things work together for good, to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment