Saturday, February 4, 2012

Campfire Cowboy Ministries

Today I found a new Favorite Place
Campfire Cowboy Ministries
 because you understand that only by bein’ tested will your faith grow and be made stronger. You can’t learn to ride well by stayin’ on a stick horse. James 1:3
The founder is Kevin Weatherby and his blog strives to teach, explain, and look at Christianity from a cowboy perspective. Now I've lived with a Cowboy all my life and his favorite words are, "I was born 100 years too late."  In my eyes he is one of the last original cowboys.  This blog may be the perfect place for him and so many others riding the trail with no real destination in mind.
One of Kevin's quotes:
We’re the windmill, not the wind…it is God’s power working through us that brings the water to the thirsty and dying.
 I have found the material on Kevin's site very heartfelt and I am sure it will speak to so many who will never grace the door of a cathedral or fill the pew at the First Lutheran on 1st and 10th.   One of his readers wrote this comment.
  Thank you for approaching the gospel in the manner you have chosen. Jesus used stories that the people of the day could understand and I think it is wonderful you are taking the same trail. God bless and keep up the good work.
Blessings to Kevin and his ministry.

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. --Hebrews 10:24

No comments:

Post a Comment