Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Are You Where You Thought You'd Be?

Am I where I thought I was going 46 years ago? Were my feet set on the path that leads to my life today?

If truthfully thought through, the answer is,"No".  My goals were smaller if I had any at all. There was no bigger picture out there somewhere with dreams to be conquered, they just seemed to drop in my path to be dealt with. Some of the obstacles I encountered on my path made me stumble, fall and lose my way for awhile, others blocked the direct route and I had to change direction and follow a side road.

from the song "Something Beautiful" by Bill and Gloria Gaither
"if there ever were dreams that were lofty and noble
they were my dreams from the start.  And the hopes for life's best
were the hopes that I harbored, down deep in my heart..."


I was young, married right out of high school and it seemed that must be my dream, everybody did it. Our first child was born,  so mothering, cleaning and cooking became the dreams of my future or was it?  The call to "serve his country" took my husband away for a time, and I was left to make it on my own, and I found that I could. That call also led to traveling across a big wide country, living without family and old friends where together we learned to lean on each other for what we needed, in sickness and in health. A second child was born and coping with sickness made us stronger.

This initial big change to our pattern for life led to more choices and decisions throughout the years.
And as I live forward and look back, I know that it wasn't by chance or coincidence it was God! and I understand.

The road of our life remained crooked and strewn with obstacles but I eventually found the map of God's Word to guide me through the potholes and perils along the way,

and I wouldn't change a thing.
Thank you Lord, for guiding and directing me, you are the God of the Mountain and the God in the valley, we only have to acknowledge you, and you will make our paths straight.

Proverbs 3: 5&6
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.


No comments:

Post a Comment