Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Back on Track

Back on Track is a monumental goal for the New Year.  I  have participated in numerous unsuccessful team efforts for various improvement opportunities.  One of the main reasons these teams struggled could be attributed to a goal that was too large. 

Back on Track can encompass so many aspects of your life.   When I look forward into the new year ahead, I see so many things in my life that need updating.  The list becomes longer and longer and eventually seems too much and my focus changes from excitement to defeat before I've even begun. My team experience tells me, create a list, prioritize, stick to the scope of the project and you will succeed. What are you willing to commit to? 
Setting a goal that ends quickly with great accomplishment can give you the incentive to push forward and pursue new goals with more challenge.

If you Google "back on track" the main topics to appear will be fitness, running and health.  And all of those are on my list for the new year, well perhaps not running but some other form of movement needs to be pursued to put my health back on track.  The impulse is to make lists of necessary equipment, food and other preparations to get started and I do.  I find those lists here and there and everywhere, and occasionally add to them so I can, "get started" soon.

 It is now the 2nd week of  New Year 2014 and this blog is a week or more past due, and that statement is sugar coating an extreme lapse in my commitment to "Words of Encouragement" for my brother's web page. I have lost site of what is so vital and that is my daily cup of inspiration. I can't buy it, because I already have it. It works wonders for me and when I move away from the foundation that helps me achieve my day, the struggle begins. Each day I put off my morning "spinach" the problems I have get heavier and harder to bear. 



Back on track spiritually will help me prioritize my lists through His eyes.  When I put God back into my morning he will help me get things done.  A long time ago I learned I don't have to do it alone.  I love my coffee but it satisfies so much more when I share it with Him who is my first priority.





John 15:5  I am the vine, you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit. a part from Me, he can do nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment