Thursday, March 13, 2014

And Experience God's Peace

Your peace is more important than anything that makes you mad. Allowing anger to fester and fuel up inside us paves the way to sin. Focus on God and your relationship with Him rather than the wrong that's been done to you, because your peace is more important.

"this was the 2nd status update when I opened my Facebook page this morning.  After a fitful night of trying to sleep and recalling over and over in my mind, my "tuff" day yesterday, then looking up lyrics to ...Cleanse Me Oh Lord...on my smart phone and reciting over and over, pulling up my bookmarks of saved verses to allow God's peace to come over me and finally drift off to sleep.  My peace IS more important than others lack of kindness and gentleness towards each other!"

God says He will keep us in perfect peace if we keep our focus on Him.
"I love this version of Philippians regarding God's Peace"

“Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus. And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true,  honorable, right, pure, lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise. Keep putting into practice all you learned and received from me—everything you heard from me and saw me doing. Then the God of peace will be with you.”    (Paul speaking to the Philippians) Philippians 4:6-9

In order to experience God’s Peace we have to trust that whatever happens, after we have prayed, in a humble manner, knowing that God Loves us He will answer us. That means waiting on God’s perfect timing and GRACE.

Lord, thank you for this word of truth, help us all to trust that you hear us and answer us. Thank you for loving us so deeply, that you listen to and hear us. Only a loving God answers the cries of His children, bringing peace that will carry us through extraordinary life situations. We will trust in you and find the peace your word promises. In Jesus Precious Name, Amen.
(excerpts from Inspired Ministries)

No comments:

Post a Comment