Friday, March 28, 2014

Can You Believe, Jesus Loves Me?

Love me when I least deserve it, because that’s when I really need it.
Swedish proverb


Jesus loves me! This I know,
For the Bible tells me so.
Little ones to Him belong;
They are weak, 
but He is strong.
Yes, Jesus loves me!
Yes, Jesus loves me!
Yes, Jesus loves me!
The Bible tells me so.
Jesus loves me when I'm good,
When I do the things I should,
Jesus loves me when I'm bad,
Though it makes Him very sad.

A simple children's song says it so well
not because of what we do but because of who he is
Not that we loved Him, but that He should love us! I know, incredible, isn't it?
The words to this gloriously simple song were written by two sisters, Susan Bogert Warner and Anna Bartlett Warner in 1860. William Batchelder Bradbury, who was born in York, Maine, found the poem and set it to music in 1862. While doing so, he also added the famous chorus.

No comments:

Post a Comment