Sunday, March 23, 2014

Live Forward Understand Backward

Live Forward Understand Backward is a link from Joyce Meyers Ministry.



I was excited to have Joyce Meyer talk to to this life challenge. I have talked and blogged about this subject since 2009 and it was great to hear her put meaning to what I have felt so many times.   "Now I see!  I wouldn't be in the place I am today if I hadn't gone through that!"
Does living in perfect health make me appreciate each morning more than the one before?
When I put 130,000 miles on my car with no repair bill, do I praise God for those four faithful wheels that have carried me so far?
Do I look back on my failures and see how far I've come beyond them?
I will look to what good has come out of all the stuff I thought had ruined my life.
I found a wonderful career at my present job
A move brought me closer to sharing the lives of so many I love
I get to live within walking distance of many things
Paved roads and sidewalks give me incentive to get moving in life
I learned a love of flowers
I was so down and alone,  I had no one but God to talk to, for the first time in my life!
...and that was a good thing!
So look back and understand what brought you to where you are at, and be grateful for it.  The God of the Valley, is the God on the Mountain, sang so beautifully by Lynda Randall is so very true, trust him in the bad times and praise Him when He has lifted you out of the pit.

He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. 
Psalm 40:2

What matters is that we build off what has happened, be grateful and believe that our experiences have given us and made us what we are today.  

Psalm 27:14 says, “Wait on the Lord, be of good courage, and He shall strengthen thy heart.

“Where we cannot trace His hand, we can trust His heart.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment