Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Developing a Habit

Micah 6:8...“He has showed you, O man, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.”

I have decided to give up games on my computer during Lent and find more productive ways to use my time.  They say it only takes 30 days to develop a habit, and I want a new one! I can only better my spirit by putting better things in my mind.  Studies have shown if you eat more sugar, you want more sugar, if you reach a great score you want a bigger and better unbeatable score...so it only stands to reason if I want to learn about God and how to walk humbly with him, I need to seek him more, study his Word more and it will be become a never ending passion. 

Rick Warren writes, "Nothing great is ever sustained in life without passion. Passion is what energizes life. Passion makes the impossible possible. Passion gives you a reason to get up in the morning and go, "I’m going to do something with my life today."....... You’ve got to have passion in your life.
A paraphrase of the verse, Mark 12:30, from The Message "Jesus said, ’Love the Lord God with all your passion and prayer and intelligence and energy." Circle the word "passion". That word, in Greek, is the word "heart."

Mark 12:30 NIV...And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind, and with all your strength: this is the first commandment.

Colossians 3:23 He says "Whatever you do, do it with all of your heart as unto the Lord and not unto men." 



Loving God with all our heart, will engage us to every thing by which he will be pleased. (commentary by Matthew Henry.)

Dear Lord...Help me to seek your Word and fill me with the Passion of learning to walk with you, with all my heart.  I thank you for the strength of your Word and the Power of its message to me.  I ask this in your precious name. Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment