Friday, April 18, 2014

Jesus Made a Way

Exodus 26:31
"Make a curtain of blue, purple and scarlet yarn and finely twisted linen, with cherubim woven into it by a skilled worker.

Matthew 27:51
At that moment the curtain of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom. The earth shook, the rocks split

Luke 23:45
for the sun stopped shining. And the curtain of the temple was torn in two.

Matthew Henry's commentary excerpt... At the same instant that Jesus died, the veil of the temple was rent from the top to the bottom. This spake terror to the unbelieving Jews, and was a sign of the destruction of their church and nation. It speaks comfort to all believing Christians, for it signified the laying open a new and living way into the holiest by the blood of Jesus. 
God was saying, “You no longer are on the outside. You can come in. My Son has made a way for you.”  The veil was torn. Jesus is now our Intercessor. We don’t have to go through a person to reach God anymore. We don’t have to go through rituals anymore. Instead, Jesus made a new and living way for us to reach God...by Greg Laurie

Dear Lord..You gave the ultimate sacrifice for my sake...I cannot repay..I can only accept your gift and Thank you.  I believe God gave His only Son as the sacrifice for my sin, forgive my sins, Lord Jesus, I believe in the resurrection and I believe that I will be with my Father in heaven one day.  In your Holy Name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment